Your research can change the world
More on impact ›
Frontiers in Insect Science provides a multidisciplinary, open access platform to publish research related to the biology, physiology and neurobiology of insects alongside the commercial and industrial applications of insect research to global challenges.
Frontiers in Insect Science is a multidisciplinary open access platform dedicated to the publication of articles that advance the field of entomology.
This encompasses research related to the biology, physiology and neurobiology of insects and the applications of insect research to anthropogenic challenges. The latter includes important topics such as insects adapting to changing global conditions or developing fields such as insect culturing for nutrition. We also welcome research with a similar conceptual focus that involves spiders.
- Insect Neurobiology, led by Prof. Daniel Robert, including: studies related to the nervous system.
- Insect Physiology, led by Prof. Michael Strand, including: organsimal physiological studies of the digestive, excretory, circulatory, immune, muscular, nervous, and reproductive systems.
- Insect Health and Pathology, led by Prof. Elke Genersch, including: disease and disorders of insects.
- Invasive Insect Species, led by Prof. William D. Hutchison and Dr Robert Venette, including: commercial impacts or impacts of loss of ecosystem functioning from predators, parisitoids, parasites, pathogens - impacts and management methods.
- Insect Molecular Genetics, led by Prof. Subba Reddy Palli, including: sub-organismal and molecular studies of insect systems, gene analysis and function, transgenic insects, RNAi and genome editing.
- Insect Economics, led by Dr Menale Kassie, including: economic growth and development, human and animal health, insects for fast fertilisers and increasing the productivity of crops.
Short Name: Front. Insect Sci.
Electronic ISSN: 2673-8600
Indexed in: 1Science, Bielefeld Academic Search Engine (BASE), Chinese Academy of Sciences GoOA, CLOCKSS, CNKI Scholar, CrossRef, DeepGreen, DOAJ, Google Scholar, Jisc, MyScienceWork, OpenAIRE, Semantic Scholar, Sherpa/Romeo
Frontiers in Insect Science is composed of the following Specialty Sections:
The specialty sections of Frontiers in Insect Science welcome submission of the following article types: Brief Research Report, Correction, Data Report, Editorial, General Commentary, Hypothesis and Theory, Methods, Mini Review, Opinion, Original Research, Perspective, Policy and Practice Reviews, Policy Brief, Registered Report, Review, Systematic Review and Technology and Code.
When submitting a manuscript to Frontiers in Insect Science, authors must submit the material directly to one of the specialty sections. Manuscripts are peer-reviewed by the Associate and Review Editors of the respective specialty section.
Avenue du Tribunal Fédéral 34
CH – 1005 Lausanne
Tel +41(0)21 510 17 40
Fax +41 (0)21 510 17 01
For all queries regarding manuscripts in Review and potential conflicts of interest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For queries regarding Research Topics, Editorial Board applications, and journal development, please contact email@example.com